Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy Holidays!

I can't believe the holidays are 2 days away! I have no idea what has happened to the time since Halloween. Between work and school, it is Christmas!

I don't have a thing ready yet. Gifts have been bought or made. Now all I have to do is find them, figure out what is for whom, and wrap them. Two days until Christmas... It makes me want to have a drink. Alas, I cannot though! Too much to do!

How many of you feel like Christmas is getting away from you and what's worse is the true meaning of Christmas is disappearing? Almost all Americans celebrate Christmas. So why do we rush our children to see Santa and buy all the toys and gifts they ask for in his name?

Why don't we try and reconnect with the true meaning of Christmas. A date we have set aside to celebrate the birth of Christ and (for those of us that believe) the gift of salvation? I'm not an evangelist, far from it, but this year I want to celebrate the fact that Jesus was born in a manger, in Bethlehem, instead of a commercialized version of Christmas.

To all who read this, I'd like to wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or whatever you may celebrate. Just celebrate it as it's meant to be. Love your family; they'll be gone soon enough. Your friends will come and go, but the true loved ones never leave. Be thankful for all the blessings (the true gifts) you have received and forget what you do without. My heart and thoughts are full of love for my family, friends, and future friends. Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Beth! I am packing and THAT feels like it is never ending. I am going to have to break down and get another suitcase and just pay the airline for the extra. My two suitcases are full and I still have SO MUCH left to pack!
I am so glad I was able to spend some time with you and Brian and Jay. Love to all of you.

PS - Are you a grandma again???
Nancy

Little C's Creations said...

Merry Christmas, Beth!!! We love and are always thinking of you. Thanks for starting a blog. I really enjoy reading about your days, and getting to know you more this way.

Love ya lots,
Jen n' the boys